The U.S. Postal Service introduced a promotional idea that became rapidly popular with small businesses throughout the United States. The program called Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is an effective way to promote a small business by using a mail promotion strategy. The program is simple-to-understand, easy-to-use, smart and affordable. All a company has to […]
The U.S. Postal Service introduced a promotional idea that became rapidly popular with small businesses throughout the United States. The program called Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is an effective way to promote a small business by using a mail promotion strategy. The program is simple-to-understand, easy-to-use, smart and affordable.
All a company has to do is send their EDDM postcard to a specific route that they want to target.
Although the program was originally designed to cater to the needs of small business owners offering a consultancy, retail, or service business, it has grown to include medium to large companies as well. The program is especially effective for businesses that depend on foot traffic in a local neighborhood.
Using EDDM postcards, businesses of all kinds have been able to bring a steady stream of customers to their local store or office. Attracting new customers with special introductory offers or reminding old customers with discount specials is easy with EDDM. Regular use of this program can create a significant customer base.
Market Testing with EDDM
Medium to large businesses have been using this program to test local marketing ideas to gauge customer response to promotions. If an idea proves successful, they can then roll it out to the rest of their businesses, which might be regional or nationwide in scope.
Franchisors have also used EDDM to test out turnkey pricing, menus, and other customizable templates. When franchisees invest in a new business anywhere in the country, many retail factors have already been tested out.
Types of Businesses Successfully Using EDDM
EDDM is particularly helpful in promoting the services of the following types of small local businesses:
- Restaurant businesses; franchises, ice cream stores, and pizzerias.
- Home improvement businesses; home cleaning, carpet cleaning, landscaping and window washing.
- Health-related businesses; dentists, chiropractors, and alternative health practitioners, as well as health centers, hospitals, and pharmacies.
- Service-related businesses; dry cleaners, florists, accountants, and seasonal tax professionals.
- Automotive businesses; auto repair shops, oil changing centers, car washes and tire shops.
- Health and beauty businesses; massage studios, hair salons, spas, and gyms.
- Non-profits; churches, civic organizations, and volunteer groups.
Naturally, this is not an exhaustive list, but it provides a broad idea of businesses that have benefited from using EDDM postcards.
Primo Print is an online printing company, specializing in printing every door direct mail, printing business cards, roll labels, brochures and more. Contact Primo Print by calling 888-822-5815 today.
Additional Content Regarding Every Door Direct Mail:
Author: Steven Wendt